Download this article: COVID-19 update 8-3-2020
THIS IS A RAPIDLY EVOLVING AND FLUID SITUATION. INFORMATION AND ACTION ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME. BE PREPARED TO BE FLEXIBLE AND PATIENT. PLEASE DISTRIBUTE THIS WIDELY
8/3/2020 Baca County COVID-19 Update: New Positive Baca County Case
Please take the time to read and understand this entire message.
New COVID-19 positive case
Baca County Public Health Agency was notified of one new laboratory confirmed case in Baca County.
Out of respect for patient privacy, we will only release the following information (No other information will be released at this time):
- The patient
- Is a resident of Baca County
- Traveled out of the state and was in contact with a COVID-19 positive person.
- Self-isolated at home upon finding out they were exposed.
- Was placed into isolation after receiving the positive test results.
- Did not have any close contacts 48 hours prior to becoming symptomatic.
- age: 80’s
- Is recovering.
- TOTAL Baca County Cases: 15
- Depending on report timing, BCPHA’s totals may not exactly reflect CDPHE’s totals on their website (Here is the website: https://covid19.colorado.gov/data/case-data)
- Scroll down until you see the Colorado map, and then select “Case Counts” from the dropdown box on the upper right side of the map.
What can you do RIGHT NOW?
- Read, understand, and comply with public health orders. Public health orders can be found here: https://covid19.colorado.gov/covid-19-in-colorado/public-health-executive-orders-resource
- Stay home if you are sick and, if needed, call your medical provider.
- Wear an appropriate mask if you must go out for an essential activity.
- If you are in a high risk group, take extra
- Cover your cough and/or sneeze.
- Keep your fingers and hands away from your face.
- Wash your hands a lot.
- Stay informed by trusted and reliable sources. Be careful about believing what you read on social media sites. Trusted sources/websites:
- BCPHA: https://www.bacacountyco.gov/covid-19-information/
- Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov
Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment: https://covid19.colorado.gov/cdphe