Elderly and disabled residents of Baca County can safely complete banking, attend doctor appointments and needed shopping once a week.
To schedule a pickup call:
|Tuesday||Walsh & Vilas||Your Home||8:30 a.m.|
|Wednesday||Springfield||Your Home||8:30 a.m.|
|Thursday||Campo||Your Home||8:30 a.m.|
The base transportation service in Baca County starts pickups at 8:30 am and continues until the afternoon as needed, Monday through Thursday, except holidays or when weather does not permit. Eligible riders are Baca County residents. Riders may call bus driver and request a ride or meet at the designated meeting place in each town. This is a curb-to-curb service. This means that riders must get themselves to and from the curb for pickups and drop offs. Drivers do not enter riders’ homes under any circumstances.
Each rider shall have an opportunity to voluntarily contribute towards the cost of service. Under no circumstances will a rider be denied services by the Baca Area Transportation because of a decision to not contribute for services rendered.
Statement of Rights
In accordance with the provisions of the American with Disability Act and the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Baca Area Transportation does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color, national origin, or gender.
Forms and Downloads
Please visit our Forms Page for forms and documents you can download about the Senior Bus.
Passengers have a responsibilty to conduct themselves in a manner which shows consideration for the comfort of other passengers. Baca County has adopted the following Passenger Rules:
- No Smoking – smoking or carrying a lighted substance on board an agency vehicle is prohibited.
- Noise – Playing of radios, tape recorders or similar devices (other than by means of an earphone) is prohibited.
- Food – Consumption of food or beverages is prohibited.
- Graffiti – Any writing, spraying, scratching, or otherwise affixing of graffiti on or in facilities or vehicle is prohibited.
- Seatbelts – Passengers must remain in their seats and wear seat belts at all times.
- Priority Seating for Elderly and Disabled Passengers – Passengers in wheelchairs shall have priority over other persons seated in the wheelchair tie-down locations. Other areas designated as courtesy seating for elderly and disabled shall be on a voluntary basis.
- Conduct – Obscene language, loud noise, or boisterous conduct is prohibited.