Official Notice of Baca County Primary Election
More info: Baca County Elections information page
Baca County Clerk and Recorder
Voter Service and Polling Center (VSPC) and Drop-Off Location
Baca County Courthouse
741 Main Street, Suite 3
Springfield, Colorado 81073
Regular Election Office Hours –
M-F: June 4 – 22 and 25 – 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday, June 23, 2018: 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Election Day Office Hours on June 26, 2018: 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
24/7 Drive-Up Drop Box
In accordance with Colorado Revised Statutes, Section 1-5-205, notice is hereby given that Tuesday the 26th of June a Primary Election will be held in Baca County as an all-mail ballot delivery election.
Ballots were mailed to each active registered elector the week of June 4 – 8, 2018 in accordance with C.R.S. Section 1-7.5107(3)(a)(I).
As soon as you receive your ballot you may return it the following ways:
- Drop your ballot off at the Baca County Clerk & Recorder’s Office at 741 Main Street, Suite 3, Springfield, CO 81073.
- Place adequate postage on your ballot return envelope and mail it back. Remember to allow enough time for mail delivery of your voted ballot. All ballots must be returned to the Clerk and Recorder’s office by Election Day, June 26, 2018 by 7:00 p.m. in order to be counted, whether by hand delivery or mail delivery, or
- Drop your ballot in the 24/7 Drive-Up Drop Box located in the Courthouse Driveway/Drive through, east side of the building (no postage necessary). Baca County Courthouse, 741 Main, Springfield, CO 81073.
Election Services Provided: Election Services provided at Baca County Clerk & Recorder’s Office Voter Service and Polling Center: register to vote, update voter information, receive replacement ballots; return ballots; cast a ballot either by paper or electronic voting machine; cast a provisional ballot. On-line services are located at www.govotecolorado.com
UNAFFILIATED VOTERS: Recent changes in Colorado law now allow unaffiliated voters to vote in a primary election.
Here is how it works:
- You will receive two ballots in your packet, one Democratic ballot and one Republican ballot.
- Choose ONLY ONE of these ballots and fill it out. Discard the ballot you won’t use.
- Sign your return envelope and return your ONE voted ballot in the return envelope.
Sending in two voted ballots will disqualify all of your votes. Your vote in this election will not affiliate you with a political party.