Baca County COVID-19 Press Release 3-30-2020
Download This Document: Press release #2
THIS IS A RAPIDLY EVOLVING AND FLUID SITUATION. INFORMATION AND ACTION ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME. BE PREPARED TO BE FLEXIBLE AND PATIENT
PLEASE DISTRIBUTE THIS WIDELY
3/30/2020 Baca County: 2 more POSITIVE COVID-19 Cases in Baca County
Please take the time to read and understand this entire message.
Hello to all. This morning (Monday 3/30/2020) the Baca County Public Health Agency (BCPHA) received a lab report on 2 residents from Baca County that have tested positive to COVID-19. We now have 3 positive cases in Baca County.
Out of respect for patient privacy, we will only release the following information (No other information will be released at this time):
- The people
- were placed into quarantine while awaiting test results.
- were in close contact with a person who had a positive COVID-19 test result
- were placed into isolation after receiving the positive test results.
- are a resident of Baca County.
- are recovering
A thorough epidemiological investigation is currently underway, with absolute priority given to contact investigations, risk assessments, and isolation/quarantine information (disease control and containment measures) based upon the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines.
Here is what you can do right now:
- COMPLY WITH ALL PUBLIC HEALTH ORDERS CURRENTLY IN PLACE, INCLUDING THE NEW “STAY AT HOME” ORDER. THE STATE PUBLIC HEALTH ORDERS CAN BE FOUND HERE: https://covid19.colorado.gov/public-health-executive-orders-explained
- What to do if you have COVID-19 or think that you do: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/sick-with-2019-nCoV-fact-sheet.pdf
- Steps to take when sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/steps-when-sick.html
- Caring for yourself at home: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/caring-for-yourself-at-home.html
- If you are sick, please call your healthcare provider and they will provide you with instructions on what to do next. If you do not have a healthcare provider, please call Southeast Colorado Hospital District at (719)523-6628. ALWAYS call your healthcare provider FIRST before you go to the office, so they can give you instructions.
- Only go to the Emergency Room (ER) if it is an emergency. Only you can decide if it is truly an emergency or not, but emergencies typically are life threatening and time sensitive.
- Stay home if you are sick and, if needed, call your medical provider.
- If you are in a high risk group, take extra
- Cover your cough and/or sneeze.
- Keep your fingers and hands away from your face.
- Wash your hands a lot.
- Stay informed by trusted and reliable sources. Be careful about believing what you read on social media sites. Trusted sources/websites:
- Baca County: https://www.bacacountyco.gov/
- Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov
- CO State Health Department: https://www.colorado.gov/cdphe
- Do these things so you will be prepared, and not scared.