These are the results for the June 30th 2020 elections in Baca County. The link will work only after the election results start to come in.
Download This Article: COVID-19 update 6.24.20
THIS IS A RAPIDLY EVOLVING AND FLUID SITUATION. INFORMATION AND ACTION ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME. BE PREPARED TO BE FLEXIBLE AND PATIENT.
PLEASE DISTRIBUTE THIS WIDELY
6/24/2020 Baca County COVID-19 Update: New Positive Baca County Cases
Please take the time to read and understand this entire message.
New COVID-19 positive case
Baca County Public Health Agency was notified on 6/23/2020 that there is are two new laboratory confirmed cases in Baca County.
Out of respect for patient privacy, we will only release the following information (No other information will be released at this time):
- The patient
- Is a resident of Baca County.
- Was placed into isolation after receiving the positive test results.
- Close contacts have been placed in quarantine.
- age: 50’s
- Is recovering.
- The patient
- Is a resident of Baca County.
- Was placed in isolation after receiving the positive test result
- Close Contacts have been placed in quarantine.
- Age: 60’s
- Is recovering.
Baca County case numbers updates: Our current COVID-19 case counts for Baca County are as follows (as of the time of this writing Friday, 6/24/2020):
- 9- Laboratory Confirmed
- 5- Presumptive Positive Cases
- TOTAL Baca County Cases: 14
- Depending on report timing, BCPHA’s totals may not exactly reflect CDPHE’s totals on their website (Here is the website: https://covid19.colorado.gov/data/case-data)
- Scroll down until you see the Colorado map, and then select “Case Counts” from the dropdown box on the upper right side of the map.
Colorado numbers updates: (Note: this summary only includes data through 4 pm on 6/22/2020 and does not reflect cases since then)
- 30,893 Cases
- 5,366 hospitalized (view hospital data: https://covid19.colorado.gov/hospital-data)
- 60 counties (view incidence and epidemic curve data: https://covid19.colorado.gov/data/incidence-epidemic-curve)
- 288,079 people tested
- 1,665 deaths among cases (view surveillance data: https://covid19.colorado.gov/data/surveillance-data)
- 1,455 deaths due to COVID-19
What can you do RIGHT NOW?
- Read, understand, and comply with public health orders! Public health orders can be found here: https://covid19.colorado.gov/covid-19-in-colorado/public-health-executive-orders-resource
- Stay home if you are sick and, if needed, call your medical provider.
- Wear an appropriate mask if you must go out for an essential activity.
- If you are in a high risk group, take extra
- Cover your cough and/or sneeze.
- Keep your fingers and hands away from your face.
- Wash your hands a lot.
- Stay informed by trusted and reliable sources. Be careful about believing what you read on social media sites. Trusted sources/websites:
- BCPHA: https://www.bacacountyco.gov/covid-19-information/
- Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment: https://covid19.colorado.gov/cdphe
- Do these things so you will be prepared, and not scared.
Baca County info related to COVID-19 (updated 6-24-2020):
- 6-24-2020 – COVID-19 Update – 6-24-2020
- 5-3-2020 – Baca County Business Relief Grant
- 5-2-2020 – COVID-19 Update for Baca County
- 4-24-2020 – County Buildings Remain Closed
- 4-10-2020 – Baca County COVID-19 Update – April 10th
- 4-10-2020 – FAQ – Mask Campaign
- 4-3-2020 – Nutrition Documents
- 4-2-2020 – Baca County COVID-19 Report 4-2-2020
- 4-2-2020 – Stay At Home – Public Health Order 20-24
- 4-1-2020 – Fourth COVID-19 Case in Baca County
- 4-1-2020 – Food Assistance during COVID-19
- 4-1-2020 – CSBG Application for COVID-19 Assistance
- 3-30-2020 – Baca County COVID-19 Press Release 3-30-2020
- 3-30-2020 – What To Do If You Get Sick – COVID-19
- 3-27-2020 – Baca County Offices Closed
- 3-27-2020 – First Baca County COVID-19 Case
- 3-26-2020 – County Commissioners Remote Meetings
- 3-24-2020 – Census 2020 – Remote Options
- 3-24-2020 – County Treasurer Waives Interest
- 3-23-2020 – Baca County Courthouse Closure
- 3-23-2020 – 50% Reduction in Non-Essential In-Person Businesses
- 3-19-2020 – Baca County Public Health Agency Press Release
- 3-19-2020 – Local Disaster Emergency – Baca County
- 3-19-2020 – Mandatory Public Health Orders
- 3-18-2020 – Sage Services Meals Suspended
- 3-18-2020 – Library Closed
- 3-17-2020 – Non-essential services suspended March 17th – May 1st
- 3-17-2020 – Disaster Economic Injury Worksheet – Businesses
- 3-12-2020 – 65+ Can Renew Drivers License Online
- COVID-19 What you need to know
- COVID-19 Factsheet – Colorado
- Share these facts
- What to do if you are sick
- COVID-19 Lo que necesita saber – Español
- COVID-19 información – Colorado – Español
- Si contrae la enfermedad – Español
Resources (English, Español, 普通话 and more)
There is a toll free support line and email service that can answer questions you have about COVID-19. English, Spanish and Mandarin and many other languages are supported. For answers in many languages:
- Local: 303-389-1687
- Toll Free: 1-877-462-2911
- Email: COHELP@RMPDC.org (answers in English only).
Clerk and Recorder will be closed on Election Day, June 30th 2020 except for election activities.
Drivers License and Recording Offices will be closed Friday through Tuesday, June 26 through June 30, 2020.
Thank you to Baca County Commissioners, District 2, and Maintenance Department for working so hard improving the courthouse grounds, removing dead foliage, and for making the Veteran’s Memorial on the northeast corner of the courthouse festive by the added touch of flowers for the spring/summer months. Also, thank you to the Town of Springfield’s Utilities Department for replacing burned out lights in the area. We are so glad to see the added enhancement on the “V” so that it may stand out to further honor the local veterans of Baca County.
This public health order describes distancing orders for public places including restaurants, libraries and movie theaters.
Download Full Document: Baca County Public Health Order Signed
The Baca County Commissioners are looking for part-time drivers for the Baca Area Transportation bus. Baca Area Transportation (BAT) provides bus service for area residents. The bus operates Tuesday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. up to 1:30 p.m. The position requires a high school diploma or GED, valid driver’s license (CDL not required), be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test, and have the patience and compassion to provide transportation services to the elderly and disabled community. Applications are available in the Baca County Administrator’s office at 741 Main Street, Suite 1, Springfield, CO 81073 or on the website bacacountyco.gov. Applications will be accepted at the County Administrator’s office until 4:00 p.m. on Monday, July 6, 2020. Baca County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, age, religion, sex, disability, marital status, or national origin.
Download This Document: JOB OPENING – BAT PART TIME driver
Download: Variance Letter
Download: Opening Courthouse
Beginning June 1, 2020, the Baca County Commissioners will open the courthouse to the general public. However, social distancing is still necessary and wearing of masks is greatly encouraged. There are also other restrictions that need to be addressed:
- The county clerk and recorder’s office is restricted by Secretary of State mandates. A primary election is set to take place on June 30. For this reason, any business at this office should be through appointment, no more than two people at a time can be accommodated, others will be asked to wait outside or in their car.
- County and District Courts are also governed by the state. You will need to check with that department to see if they will be open to foot traffic.
- The County Library, unfortunately, will continue as it has been doing until further notice.
Note: many of the court’s business can be conducted via phone, on-line, or mail, including vehicle registrations. There is also a drop box at the main entrance that can be used to drop off paperwork, just indicate which department needs to receive the documents. We thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.